Monday, January 4, 2016

Holiday break, behind the scenes!

I'm so excited, and a little scared. I made my first two sales just before Christmas. I never thought I'd sew and sell, but sewing a lot gets expensive. Being a stay at home mom means asking Hubs for money. Now I know we always say it's our money, and I DO do a lot of work at home, not to mention raising our two girls, but it still feels good bringing in a little money, even if it's just enough to help me increase my fabric and pattern stash.
These two beauties found their forever homes each with a happy little girl! I'm really proud of these. I hope to increase the color selection in the new year, and hopefully increase the orders!
Another first in the new year is my first time testing a pattern that's about to release! I'm not able to give any details just yet, but I can tell you that it's been exciting and scary. I absolutely LOVE the pattern, and hope my tests inspire others to buy it once it's released.
I can give you a peak at the fabrics I'm using! The first pairing was suppose to be a muslin, but turned out so great. The grey chambray is a little thick for this particular pattern, but I got it to work.
I've got one done, and I've already got fabric picked out for another two! 

Keep checking back, the review will be coming up once I've got the go ahead! I guess I should finish some of my projects that have been waiting in the mean time. 
Don't forget to check out my Facebook page Sweet Stitch Shoppe, you can follow me on Pinterest and Instagram, and thanks for stopping in!


No comments:

Post a Comment