Sunday, February 14, 2016

Kids Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe- Planning

It's Valentine's Day! Which is great! That also means it's mid-February, and I live in Manitoba, Canada. Which means it's cold! For emphasis, here's what it looks like outside. It was taken a couple of days ago, but it's still the same.
However, now is the time to start thinking about sewing up my girls' spring/summer wardrobe. I've got two daughters to sew for, and also myself, so it doesn't hurt to get started early. Granted there will be things in there closet, or in boxes from the past summer capsule, that will still fit them, so I"ll be supplementing their wardrobes instead of sewing everything (although part of me is very tempted to sew everything, lol).
To get me motivated, I went looking through our photos of last summer's adventures (because when you live someplace that feels like winter 70% of the year, you make the most of each summer day, lol). I found this great shot of my daughters chilling in their Boo! Swimmers that I made them. Now if this doesn't say Happy Valentines Day, then I don't know what does! :)
So I went through their closets and made a note of what I thought would fit. I plan on checking again sometime in spring, just in case either of them have a growth spurt. I made a list of what I needed, (of which I didn't take a photo, and I"m pretty sure my youngest covered in her beautiful art, lol) but I did break down a list of the patterns that I'll be using!
Also, not all patterns will be sewn as per directions, I LOVE hacking patterns and/or mashing patterns! Especially if I've got an inspiration pic of clothing that I can't afford to buy, but CAN make! Currently, I'm working on a mash up between Tie Dye Diva's Potato Chip Skirt, and Scientific Seamstress's Perfectly Preppy Skirt, the rumba version. It'll be in the next post! Hopefully. I'm not very good with sticking to schedules, but I DO try!
I'm really looking forward to blogging regularly, and sharing my "stuff", for lack of a better word, with you.
As always, you can follow me using the Social Media icons in the top and bottom left hand corners of my blog, and I love hearing from my readers, so any comments and questions can be entered below! Thanks for stopping in my little corner of the 'net! 


2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! I need to motivate myself in that direction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun, and the pictures really inspired me to get started. Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete