Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Potato Chip Skirt

So I picked out some new patterns during the Bundle Up sale that Pattern Revolution was having last week, and boy did I get some good ones! My first Bundle Up sale, and I loved it! It opened up my sphere of pattern companies that I like, and was like a taste test :)
One particular pattern that I picked up, I didn't pick up because I fell in love with it. I'll be honest, I picked it up as a filler. Not that it isn't a super cute pattern, but I tend to look at frilly, flowy things. Another bonus of the Bundle up sale, it encourages you to try patterns you wouldn't normally try because it's not in your usual style.
If it wasn't love at first sight, it sure was love at first sew! This little skirt whips up in under an hour! Which, is fast for me, seeing as I usually spend 4-6hrs on a sew, due to numerous ruffles and such, lol. With out further ado, here it is from Tie Dye Diva, the Potato Chip Skirt!!!

I went with denim and lace, since I had this super cute left over piece of sequined denim that my mother-in-law brought me from Mexico, and I just loooooove it!! This pretty little thing can be made lined, un-lined and reversible! I love how the pockets are placed and the way the elastic is done. Mine is the unlined version. I modified mine slightly by adding buttonholes on the inner waist band piece (one near each side seam) and buttons beside them so that I could put button hole elastic in the casing for an adjustable waistband. 
Since Hunny is super slim, and I like to be able to pass clothes down from her to Monkey (my younger daughter, and, yes, these are nicknames) I tend to do this in pretty much all skirts and pants. 
Even though I made this one in sz 18-24 months for my niece.
Started the Katies today! I hope they'll be done next week! I never know how my littles will be, but with the eldest in school certain days, I'm pretty sure I can get them stitched up soon, stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment